With Apple Pay, you can add a debit, credit, or prepaid card to the Wallet app on your iPad, Mac, iPhone, Apple Watch, or other compatible device. Let’s look at how to use it on the iPad or Mac.
To use Apple Pay, you need:
- A compatible device1with the latest version of iPadOS, macOS, iOS, and watchOS.
- A supported card from a participating card issuer.
- An Apple ID signed in to your Apple device.
Learn if your country/region supports Apple Pay. To check if your card is compatible with Apple Pay, contact your card issuer.
- Open Wallet settings on your device.
- On your Mac model with Touch ID, go to System Preferences > Wallet & Apple Pay.
- On your iPad, go to Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay.
- Tap Add Card.3,4
- Follow the steps on the screen to add a card.
- Verify your information with your bank or card issuer. They might ask you to provide information.
On Mac models without built-in Touch ID, you can complete your purchase using Apple Pay on your compatible iPhone or Apple Watch: On your iPhone, go to Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay and turn on Allow Payments on Mac.
If you can’t add a debit or credit card to Apple Wallet
Learn what to do if you can’t add your card to Wallet
1. Make sure that you sign in to iCloud on all your devices. On your iOS device, you need to set up Face ID, Touch ID, or a passcode. On your Apple Watch, you need to set up a passcode. If you sign out of iCloud or remove your passcode, all credit, debit, prepaid, transit, and student ID card will be removed from that device.
2. If you’re less than 13 years old, Apple Pay isn’t available and you can’t add a card in the Wallet app. Age varies by country or region.
3. In China mainland, you can use Apple Pay on the web in Safari only on compatible iPhone and iPad models using iOS 11.2 or later. In the Netherlands, you can use Apple Pay on the web only on a compatible iPhone or iPad.
4. In Italy, you can’t add Maestro cards to iPad or Mac. In Australia, you can’t add eftpos cards to your iPad or Mac. In the Netherlands, you can add Maestro cards to all compatible devices except Mac.