9 free web browser for Roku TV you can try in 2023
A web browser for Roku is a software application that allows you to access and navigate the internet on your Roku TV. Just like on a computer or smartphone, a Roku browser allows you to visit websites, search for information, and interact with online content.
Some popular web browsers for Roku include Firefox, Opera, Puffin TV, Silk Browser, Chrome, Dolphin Browser, Brave, Kiwi Browser, Edge, and Vivaldi. These web browsers offer a variety of features such as fast and secure browsing, support for extensions and plugins, ad blocking, and private browsing modes.
You can choose the web browser that best meets your needs and preferences. And once all OK, you can download it from a trusted source and install it to stream the latest content on your streaming device!
What is Roku
Roku, which has been around since 2008, is a digital platform that has proven to be very popular because to its ability to stream media material from a wide variety of internet sources. Unfortunately, Roku’s browsing features are very limited. That’s true, and it could be seen as a drawback, but be assured it doesn’t make Roku any less fun to use.
Since Roku does not come with its own browser, we may be able to give some advice. However, Roku assists with entertainment by providing access to a variety of video streaming channels.
However, the Roku Channel Store’s browser options are limited and poorly equipped. For browsers that don’t have screencasting built in, you can always use a third-party app or device.
What is The Roku Channel?
Roku’s official Channel Store, the Roku Channel, offers access to a wealth of additional streaming options. Roku allows users to create their own channel lineups, from which they can access their favourite TV shows, music libraries, and other streaming media.
Roku customers can get access to free music and video channels where the company uploads the vast majority of its content. Netflix, HBO, and other premium content services are all available through premium channels that may be accessed with a single subscription.
9 free web browser for Roku TV with download and install instructions
In the Roku Channel Store, you can find a wide variety of browser options. Check out this rundown of options for the top Roku web browsers to help you make your decision. There are both free and paid options, so before downloading anything, make sure it’s compatible with your Roku streaming player.
#1. Web Video Caster – Receiver
This browser is excellent for general web use and video streaming. You can use it to watch videos online, whether they be TV series, movies, live events, or anything else. Photos and movies from a certain website can also be viewed and played. The app, though, will set you back $4.99 per month.
You may get the app from the Roku Channel Store, where you can also buy the paid Premium version.
- Popular on Roku and similar streaming media players
- Allows for the playback of videos and other media files
- The app’s premium edition costs money and grants access to all of its features.
#2. Silk Browser
Silk Browser is a web browser developed by Amazon specifically for use on Fire TV devices, which includes Roku TVs. Here are some pros and cons of using Silk Browser on a Roku TV:
- Fast and user-friendly browsing experience
- Integration with Amazon’s Alexa voice assistant
- Private browsing mode
- Available for free
- Limited to Amazon’s Appstore
- Limited customization options
- Limited support for extensions and plugins
Opera is a web browser that is compatible with your Roku device and is available for no cost and comes highly recommended. It’s a quick and efficient browser that works on most Windows PCs. Plus, it contains a Virtual Private Network (VPN) component for hiding your online identity.
You will need to get it onto your computer first, as it is not currently available in the Roku Channel Store. Then, proceed as shown:
- Make sure your computer is linked to the Roku player. Join the Roku and the laptop to the same wireless network.
- To cast to a Roku, start Opera and head to the menu bar.
- Now you can use the internet on your Roku while streaming entertainment from it.
- Very few resources are required to run the software, and it works on all Windows devices.
- Quicker than other browsers in terms of page loads
- It’s always free and always being updated.
- Not accessible through the Roku Channel Store.
- In some cases, the time required for installation is excessive.
#4. Emby For Roku
In order to stream media to your smart TV or PC, you can utilise the Roku platform with the Emby app. This software is useful for watching the newest releases in theatres, as well as Live TV and other stuff. Saved media is accessible via the My Media tab.
For free, you can instal Emby for Roku by searching for it in the Roku Channel Store.
- A well-designed, intuitive user interface
- Optimal for watching movies, listening to music, and watching live TV
- It’s compatible with your saved content and may be viewed on
- You can only use it to watch videos; surfing the web is not an option.
- A paid subscription to Emby Premiere is required to access paid programming.
#5. Brave Browser
Brave Browser is a free and open-source web browser developed by Brave Software, Inc. that is based on the Chromium web browser. It is available for a variety of platforms, including Roku.
- Fast browsing, can expect quick page loading times.
- It blocks trackers and ads by default, which can help protect your privacy while browsing the web.
- Customize your browsing experience.
- You can sync your browsing history and other data across devices using your Brave account.
- Limited feature set.
- Compatibility issues you face.
- Limited support for streaming services
It’s no secret that Firefox is one of the best browsers available today. The software has been refined throughout the years, and now its users prefer it because of the security it provides. It supports a wide range of Roku players, much like Opera does.
Follow these instructions to cast content from Firefox to your Roku:
- Get the Mozilla Firefox browser on your PC.
- Fire up Firefox and your Roku device will be ready to go. To stream content from your Roku to your PC, both must be linked to the same Wi-Fi network.
- To use your Roku, head to the menu and select Cast > Device > Roku.
- Casting media to your Roku player has begun.
- Quick load times and little space requirements.
- Ad-blocking and highly customised web browser.
- Allows for discreet searching
- Unfortunately, your chosen browser may not be compatible with all of your preferred websites or media players.
#7: Safari Browser
The Safari Browser for Roku is a web browsing tool that is completely distinct from the original Safari app for iOS and macOS devices, while sharing a name and logo. Unfortunately, the vast majority of Roku app users have had negative experiences, as seen by the app’s low rating on the Roku Channel Store.
- A rare instance of a web browser on the Roku platform
- It’s risk-free to download and use the software.
- You can use it to access the internet and watch videos online.
- There is a preponderance of negative comments about the app in the Roku Channel Store.
- It may take a while to learn how to use it.
#8. Google Chrome
Most Windows-based computers and mobile devices use Google Chrome to watch Youtube, making it one of the most widely used web browsers worldwide. It’s well-known for its user-friendliness, speed, and device compatibility. Here’s how to screencast from Chrome to a Roku:
- Chrome is a free browser that you should instal on your PC.
- Connect your Roku to your PC via the HDMI cable and share the same WiFi network.
- To use Cast, open Chrome and go to More. Choose the Roku player you want to use.
- You may now use Chrome to cast content to your Roku player.
- The software is easy to use, and it loads quickly and at no cost.
- Multiple video formats are supported along with additional functionality like screen recording and content downloads.
- The programme may use a lot of space on the device’s internal memory.
- Leaks of information, often include users’ private information.
#9. The Roku Channel
With this channel, you may watch free and paid TV shows and movies, as well as Roku Originals. Movies, TV shows, and other shows are all available on demand. It combines the best of paid and free programming into one convenient package.
The Roku Channel Store offers free downloads of Roku Channel.
- Complete TV app with live and on-demand streaming; supports adding more paid channels like Showtime, Epix, etc.
- Simple and no cost
- To a certain extent, free channels are only available in certain areas.
- Does not allow access to the internet
How to get web browser on Roku TV
To get a web browser on your Roku TV, you can do the following:
- Press the home button on your Roku remote to go to the home screen.
- Scroll down to the “Streaming Channels” category and select it.
- Search for “web browser” using the search function.
- Select a web browser channel, such as “Web Browser X” or “Roku Web Browser,” and install it on your Roku TV.
- Once the channel is installed, you can launch it from the home screen or the streaming channels menu.
Keep in mind that not all web browser channels are created equal, and some may be more user-friendly or have more features than others. You may need to try out a few different web browser channels to find one that works well for you.
Alternatively, you can use the built-in web browser on your phone, tablet, or computer to access the internet on your TV. For example, you can use a phone or tablet as a remote control for your TV and use the web browser on the device to surf the web. You can also use screen mirroring or screen casting to display the web browser on your TV.
Although it is not widely used, Roku’s web browser is a very helpful tool. You can use it to connect to the web and access a variety of sites. Using the information in this article, you should be able to select an appropriate web browser for your Roku streaming player. But still if you would like to know more the you can reach the Roku support team and raise a ticket.
I hope the above give source links for web browser for Roku work for you. If me missed anything to highlight here then you can comment below and don’t forget to share it with others.